International Artist Day is celebrated on Oct. 25 every year to honor artists across the world who add beauty through their works.
A Canadian artist, Chris MacClure, who specializes in the style known as “Romantic Realism,” founded the International Artist Day in 2004. The day also marks the birthday of Pablo Picasso, the famous Spanish painter, sculptor, printmaker, ceramicist and theatre designer who was born in 1881.
As art is popularly considered as a means of expression, International Artist Day celebrates all forms of art including paintings, sculpture, photography, architecture and music.
You can join the celebrations of the day by spending time exploring your artistic skills. Take time to brush up on an art form that you have not experimented with for a long time. You can also use the day as an opportunity to learn more about great artists of all times by reading about them from books and online articles. By paying visits to local museums and art galleries, you can get to know about great artists in your locality.
Here are some quotes about artists on International Artist Day: courtesy @ Brainy Quotes
- “Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.” -Pablo Picasso
- “To send light into the darkness of men’s hearts – such is the duty of the artist.”-Robert Schumann
- “Art is not a handicraft, it is the transmission of feeling the artist has experienced.”-Leo Tolstoy
- “Just as the bird sings or the butterfly soars, because it is his natural characteristic, so the artist works.”-Alma Gluck
- “An artist’s duty is rather to stay open-minded and in a state where he can receive information and inspiration. You always have to be ready for that little artistic Epiphany.” -Nick Cave
- “Perhaps the mission of an artist is to interpret beauty to people – the beauty within themselves.”-Langston Hughes
- “The artist’s world is limitless. It can be found anywhere, far from where he lives or a few feet away. It is always on his doorstep.”-Paul Strand
- “Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.”-Henry Ward Beecher
- Just as the bird sings or the butterfly soars, because it is his natural characteristic, so the artist works.”-Alma Gluck
- The artist’s job is to be a witness to his time in history.”-Robert Rauschenberg