Judging of the 11th-annual Members-Only Show by The Monroe Art League took place recently at the Ellis Library & Reference Center.
The art will be on display until Oct. 23 at the library. Fifty-eight pieces of art in five categories were submitted by 24 members.
Categories and winners are:
- First: Pauline Harmon for “High Ridge Snow Leopard”
- Second: Leslie Dietsch for “Coming In”
- Third: Pauline Harmon for “Tawny Eagle”
- Honorary Mention: Meryl Arquette for “Nesting Osprey”
- First: Gregory Koesel for “Sunrise On Lake Huron”
- Second: Barbara Lotter for “Raine”
- Third: Karen McLaughlin for “Violinist”
- Honorary Mention: Barbara Lotter for “Ice On The Lake”
- First: Betty Knapp for “Abstract Lady Patiently Waiting”
- Second: Sandra Vanisacker for “Fall Bounty”
- Third: Anna Marie Peterson for “Kendall”
- Honorary Mention: Julie Pillarelli for “The Cable Upright”
- First: Jeffrey Albergo for “The Castle”
- Second: Fred Drotar for “Road To Everest”
- Third: Fred Drotar for “Late Summer, Sterling State Park”
- Honorary Mention: Susan Grant for “Old Dundee Mill”
- First: Julie Pillarelli “The Bridge”
- Second: Anna Marie Pedersen for “Journal”
- Third: Gregory Koesel for “River Raifor sin Cattails”
The Memorial Wall features art by Peter Rafko, who died this year, and Frances A. Maedel, who died in 2016. Maedel founded The Monroe Art League 62 years ago.